There are three components to the application process: completion of the
on-line application through the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application
System (DICAS), registration with D&D Digital for the computer match,
and an application fee payable to Southern Regional Medical Center (SRMC)
Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS)
Applications for the Dietetic Internship should be submitted to DICAS,
which may be accessed at
https://portal.dicas.org. The SRMC Dietetic Internship participates in the
Spring computer match. Follow the directions listed for the on-line application.
Students applying for an internship at SRMC may apply online after December
1. The application must be completed by 11:59 p.m. CST on February 15.
There is a
$45 fee to use DICAS for the first application and
$20 for each additional application.
The following information will be required:
Personal statement in 1,000 words or less that answers the following questions:
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- What are some experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
- What other information do you consider important for the selection decision?
transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be sent to: DICAS – Transcript Department, P.O. Box 9118,
Watertown, MA 02472
- Three letters of recommendation (preferably from an instructor and/or work
supervisor). Applicants must include the name and contact information
(specifically an e-mail address) for each reference. This will trigger
an e-mail message requesting completion of a reference form, which will
be completed on-line. Students submitting multiple applications will need
to use the same individuals as references for each application.
- Listing of GPA and DPD courses; DPD course list form needs to be uploaded
- Declaration of Intent to Complete Degree or DPD Verification Statement
to be sent to DICAS; you will need to provide an e-mail address for your
- Listing of paid and volunteer work experience, honors and awards
- Phone number and address where applicant can be reached, if necessary,
on Appointment Day
D&D Digital Registration
Applicants must also register online for computer matching at the D&D
web site (www.dnddigital.com) and select dietetic internship priority choices by the date and time
listed. Applicants must register by 11:59 p.m. CST on February 15. There is a
$55.00 computer matching fee (subject to change). If you have questions regarding the computer matching
process, contact D&D Digital at (515) 292 – 0490.
Southern Regional Medical Center Application
An application fee of
$80 must be received by the SRMC Dietetic Internship postmarked by February
15 for the Spring computer match. Selected applicants will be contacted
for an interview in early March. Interviews are done in person or by phone.
The check or money order should be payable to
Southern Regional Medical Center Dietetic Internship and mailed to:
Southern Regional Medical Center Dietetic Internship
Department of Food and Nutrition Services
11 Upper Riverdale Road SW
Riverdale, Georgia 30274
(Write your name in the memo section if your name is not already on the check)
Total fees for application to the SRMC Dietetic Internship are:
$45 to DICAS
$55 to D & D Digital
$80 to the SRMC Dietetic Internship (nonrefundable)
(These fees are subject to change)
Any questions regarding the application process for the Southern Regional
Medical Center Dietetic Internship Program can be directed to either Nina
Hall, PhD, RDN, LD at email:
NHall1@primehealthcare.com or Lamura Poore, MS, RDN, LD at email: