Mission Statement and Goals
Dietetic Internship at Southern Regional
The mission of the Southern Regional Medical Center (SRMC) Dietetic Internship
Program is to prepare dietetic interns to academically and professionally
integrate, apply and practice theoretical knowledge in clinical, management
and community settings. This knowledge allows our graduates to provide
quality and compassionate nutritional care in a cost-effective manner
and pursue innovation both in the work place and professional associations
as entry-level registered dietitian nutritionists (RDNs).
Program Goals and Objectives
Goal 1 – To prepare graduates to become competent, entry-level registered dietitian
- Objective 1.1 – Graduates will achieve a “first-time”
pass rate of 80% on the RD exam over a five-year period
- Objective 1.2 - 95% of dietetic interns will complete the program within
15 months which is 150% of the 10-month program length.
- Objective 1.3 – Within 12 months of graduation, at least 75% of graduates
will be employed in dietetics or related field.
- Objective 1.4 - At least 75% of graduates will indicate that the program
adequately prepared them for their first entry-level dietetics position.
- Objective 1.5 – At least 75% of employers will indicate that our
program graduates are “competent” as compared to other entry-level
dietitians (rating of at least 3 on a 4-point scale).
Goal 2 – To prepare graduates to have lifelong professional growth through
providing leadership or service in professional organizations and/or community
- Objective 2.1 – 75% of graduates will participate in a professional
- Objective 2.2 – 50% of graduates will participate in community activities
- Objective 2.3 – 10% of graduates will hold leadership roles in professional
organizations and/or community related programs.
- Objective 2.4 – 30% of graduates who do not already possess an advanced
degree will complete a master’s degree program within five years
after finishing SRMC’s Dietetic Internship