The Southern Regional Dietetic Internship Program is committed to provide
experiences and training for your graduates so they can effectively meet
the responsibilities of nutritional services in clinical setting, community
and management positions.
Program Goal 1:
The Dietetic Internship at Southern Regional prepares graduates to be competent
Program Objectives for Goal 1:
- Over a five-year period, 80% of the graduates will achieve a “first-time”
passing rate on the RD exam.
- 95% of the interns will complete the internship within 150% of the time
planned for completion (14 months for full time interns and 21 months
for part time interns)
- After completing the program, 75% of the graduates who seek employment
will be employed in dietetics or related field within twelve months.
- When perform for self-evaluation survey, 75% of our graduates indicate
that the program prepared them adequately for entry level professional.
- When survey, 75% of employers will rate that our program graduates are
adequately prepared for an entry level professional (for next five year period).
Program Goal 2:
The Internship Program will prepare graduates to have lifelong professional
growth through providing leadership or service in their professional organization
Program Objectives for Goal 2:
- When surveyed, 70% of the graduates will indicate they are members in a
professional organization and/or community program.
- When surveyed, 50% of the graduates will indicate that they participate
in community activities.
10% of graduates will hold leadership roles in professional organizations
and/or community related programs (for next five year period).