Job Search FAQs
Please use the
Career Center FAQs brochure or find your question below.
This page provides information regarding how to use our Career Center to
search job openings, apply for open positions, refer colleagues and friends,
manage applications, and set up search agents.
Application and Profile Questions
How do I apply for a job or an open position online?
To apply online, first use the Career Center to identify an opening that
matches with your skills and qualifications. After reading the job's position
description, just click the ‘Apply' link on that page to begin the
online application process. Depending on the Career Center, you may also
see a link inviting you to apply via email. Here are step by step instructions:
- Search to view all of the job openings, or just search for specific kinds
of openings from the ‘Welcome' page.
- Select your desired position from the list by clicking its Job Title.
- Read the job description and then click the ‘Apply for this Job'
link to start the online application process.
- On the next screen, returning candidates should login to the Career Center
by entering their login and password. After logging in, returning candidates
should answer screening questions, indicate how they heard about the position,
complete their EEO information, and/or complete job-related documents,
if instructed to do so. The number and order of these items may vary depending
on the position selected. When finished, returning candidates will see
a ‘Thanks for Applying' confirmation message.
- New candidates should use fill out and online form to provide their contact
information, upload a resume, and create their profile. After that, new
candidates should answer screening questions, indicate how they heard
about the position, complete their EEO information, and/or complete jobrelated
documents, if instructed to do so. The number and order of these items
may vary depending on the position selected. When finished, returning
candidates will see a ‘Thanks for Applying' confirmation message.
Can I submit my resume for general consideration, without actually applying
for a specific position?
Yes, depending on the Career Center. If this Career Center allows it, the
link to do so will be on the ‘Welcome' page.
- Click ‘Submit your Resume for General Consideration' from the ‘Welcome'
page of the Career Center.
- Follow the instructions for uploading your resume, or emailing your resume
(if emailing is an option on the Career Center)
- Click ‘Send or Submit', as instructed.
I've found a position that would make a perfect fit for my friend/relative,
how can I refer them to this position?
Yes, you may use the Career Center to refer your acquaintance to a specific
- Search and identify the position, click the job title to vie the position's
description, then click the ‘Refer a Friend' link.
- You will be presented with the option to
- Login to refer your friend/family member, OR
- Refer your friend/family member without logging in.
- We encourage you to login to the Career Center to refer your friend, as
that is the best way for us to track your referral.
- Enter the name, phone number, and e-mail address of the person being referred.
- Paste their resume and any additional information into the fields provided.
- Click ‘Submit Referral'. A confirmation message is displayed.
I don't see a specific position for my friend, but I'd still like to refer
them to the company in general. What do I do?
If this Career Center allows general referrals, a ‘Refer' link will
appear on the ‘Welcome' page. Click ‘Refer' and follow the
instructions for referring a friend/relative
How do I register my information and upload my resume?
To register on the Career Center for the first time, candidates must complete
an online form. Depending on the Career Center, you may complete the form
and submit your resume for general consideration, or complete the form
while applying for a position online.
- If general consideration is an option on this Career Center, click the
‘Submit Your Resume for General Consideration' link from the ‘Welcome'
page. The Resume Submission page will be displayed.
- Follow the instructions to upload or paste your resume
You can also register your information while applying for a job. Follow
these directions to apply for a job online.
Must I create a profile to apply for a job?
Yes, you must create a profile to apply for a job.
How do I log in/out of the Career Center?
- You may log into the Career Center from the ‘Welcome' page, before
you search for openings.
- Or you may log into the Career Center on the ‘Apply for this Job'
page, as a returning candidate.
You may also log in to refer a friend.
Can I apply for more than one position?
Yes, you may apply for more than one position. Log in to the Career Center
to associate yourself with as many positions as you like
Must I create a profile every time I apply for an opening?
No, you only need to create a profile once, the first time you apply for
a position. After that, you should log in to apply for more jobs, using
the profile you already created. You may update or modify your profile
at any time.
What if I don't have an email address?
Now may be a good time to establish an email address.
all offer free email accounts. Much of our communication to you is via
email, so it is a good idea to create one as you conduct your job search.
I haven't received a confirmation email. What do I do now?
If you haven't received a confirmation email, please check your spam folder.
Sometimes our emails are misrouted and confused as spam. Please follow
your email provider's instructions for allowing emails from us to avoid
this happening in the future.
I've lost my Password, how do I retrieve it?
- Click on the ‘Forgot Login or Password' link located on the bottom
of the ‘Welcome' page.
- When prompted, please enter the same email address you registered with
- You will receive an email with your login credentials within 24 hours.
If you are no longer using your registered email address, please email
firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Otherwise, you may choose to register a new account using your new email
address by applying for a position or for general consideration.
How can I find out if I've already applied to a position for this company?
To view previously applied for jobs, please log in to the Career Center
under the ‘Welcome' page. Then click the ‘View Your Submittals' link.
How can I see the status of my application?
- Please log in to the Career Center under the ‘Welcome' page.
- Then click the ‘View Your Submittals' link.
- Here you will find the status of your application. This section provides
you with the most recent and updated information regarding your application
I no longer want to be considered for this job. Is it possible to withdraw
from a position to which I've already applied?
- Yes, you are allowed to opt out/withdraw from a position after you've applied.
- You must log in to the Career Center and click on ‘View Your Submittals'.
- Once clicked, you will have an option to withdraw your application for
I received an error message while applying online. What do I do now?
- Please read the error message and follow the instructions on page.
If you cannot proceed further, please email
email@example.com for assistance.
- In addition, please make sure to include as much information as possible
to this error message. (For example: send Step-by-Step details of what
you were doing when you received the error, screenshots of the error message, etc.)
How do I update my personal information, (i.e. change my Name, Address,
Resume, Phone, or Email)?
To update your profile, you must do the following:
- From the ‘Welcome' page, please log in by filling out your ‘Login
Name' and ‘Password'.
- Once you are logged in, you will a link allowing you to edit your personal
information, including your resume.
What is a Job Search Agent?
A Job Search Agent allows you to receive email alerts of new job openings
posted on the Career Center. It is based on your specific job interests,
and your search criteria. A Job Search Agent works in a real time environment,
notifying you via email each time a new opening meeting your criteria
If you are interested in establishing a Job Search Agent, you should specify
your criteria in the job search options located under the Job Listings
of the Career Center and follow the instructions there.
* Please note that Job Search Agents may not be available on all Career Centers.
How do I setup a Job Search Agent?
In order to setup a Job Search Agent, you must do the following:
- Please specify (at minimum) a keyword, type of a category, or location
of interest as your search criteria. You are only required to select one
of these options, but you may also select a combination as your search
- Hit ‘Search'.
- The next page will display your search results. You now have the option
to save your search and give it a title.
- Enter a name for the search and click ‘Create Agent'.* Please note
that Job Search Agents may not be available on all Career Centers.
How do I change or manage a search agent I've already established?
Simply log in to the Career Center and click on ‘Manage your Search
Agents'. This option also appears under your search results after you've
specified a keyword, type of a category, or location.
Can I be notified of new positions as they post to your Career Center?
Yes. In order to be notified of new positions on the Career Center, you
must setup a Job Search Agent. To learn more about setting up a Job Search
Agent, please read the instructions for setting up a Job Search Agent.