Before being admitted to The Rehabilitation Center at Southern Regional,
the following information should be reviewed:
- Since all insurance filing and billing are centrally handled through the
Patient Accounts Department of Southern Regional Medical Center, the patient's
insurance cards must be presented at admission.
- Most insurance companies and Medicare provide coverage for comprehensive
inpatient rehabilitation services.
- Insurance coverage is verified prior to admission and any necessary pre-authorization
will be pursued.
- For information concerning a patient's specific insurance coverage
of comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation services, please contact patient's
- After discharge from The Rehabilitation Center at Southern Regional, the
patient will receive a bill separate from any they receive for a prior
Billing for services provided by physicians is separate from the hospital
bill. Questions about these charges should be directed to the individual
provider's office whose telephone number should appear on the bill.