Preparing for Inpatient Rehabilitation
An extended stay at The Rehabilitation Center at Southern Regional requires
that patients be equipped with personal items and supplies not ordinarily
needed in a short hospital visit. In order for patients to feel as comfortable
as possible during their stay, we encourage a family member or caregiver
to accompany patients who are being admitted to The Rehabilitation Center
on their first day.
Upon arrival, patients should have the following on hand:
- Medical insurance cards and a copy of any advance directive, if available.
- Loose, comfortable street clothing in addition to underwear and sleepwear,
preferably labeled with patient's name. Personal laundry services
are not available. Clothing will need to be exchanged regularly.
- Socks and sturdy, comfortable shoes with non-skid soles.
- Dentures and related supplies.
- Eyeglasses and/or contact lenses and related supplies.
- Hearing aids and batteries.
- Any medical equipment already being used at home such as a walker, cane