A Passion for Healing - Rehabilitation
It takes more than medical expertise and advanced technology to deliver
the kind of care patients receive at The Rehabilitation Center. Every
member of the SRMC team is dedicated to helping patients regain their
independence and move forward.
- Specializes in physical medicine and rehabilitation, oversees the care
of all inpatient rehabilitation patients.
- Assisted by consulting physicians as needed.
Rehabilitation Services Director
- Oversees the rehabilitation program and supervises the clinical care patients
receive. (770) 991-8296.
Rehabilitation Nursing Staff
- Provides 24-hour care, seven days a week.
- Specialized training in rehabilitation.
- Nurses' station: (770) 897-7300.
- Clinical Nurse Manager: (770) 897-7310.
- Focuses on strengthening and re-educating the muscles of the upper body,
helping patients learn cognitive skills and perform activities necessary
for daily living.
- Concentrates on mobility and improving strength and endurance.
- Enforces positioning, posture and body mechanics to help patients be as
independent as possible.
- Addresses communication, thinking, swallowing and hearing - skills that
may affect other areas of rehabilitation.
- Teaches patients new techniques to compensate for newly acquired deficits.
- Coordinates care with rehabilitation team, insurance providers and caregivers
involved in patient's discharge plan.
- Assists in the pre-admission screening and transition of patients coming
to The Rehabilitation Center.
- For Internal Referrals, Call Donine Jordan: 770-897-7311.
- For External Referrals, Call Jonathan Day: 770-316-0226 or 770-897-7318.