Procedure Name: LeVeen Shunt (Pump Patency Study)
Department Responsible for performing Procedure:
Department Contact Information:
Where to Report:
Please enter at the Outpatient Entrance and go to Outpatient Registration
45 minutes prior to your scheduled procedure. You will be directed to
the Radiology Department.
What to Bring:
- Physician Order
- Any forms from your physician relating to this visit
- Your insurance / Medicaid / Medicare card
- Driver's License / Photo Identification
- All of your medications OR a listing of all medications along with the
dose, how often you take it, and the last time you took it
- A list of all of your allergies
- Please check with your insurance carrier for any authorization requirements.
- Any films or reports from relevant studies not performed at Southern Regional.
- No Barium 3-4 days prior to study.
- Please read the Procedure Information for additional instructions and
- Please follow any other specific instructions given to you by your doctor.
Total time approximately for study is 1-5 hours post injection.
Waiting Room for family is located in the Radiology Department. Please
inform the technologist if you are pregnant prior to the scan. You will
be asked a series of questions regarding your medical history. You will
be asked to sign a consent form prior to the procedure.