Procedure Name: Testicular Ultrasound
Department Responsible for performing Procedure:
Department Contact Information:
Where to Report:
Please enter at the Outpatient Entrance and go to Outpatient Registration
30 - 45 minutes prior to your scheduled procedure. You will be directed
to the Radiology Department where you will be escorted to Ultrasound.
What to Bring:
- Physician Order
- Any forms from your physician relating to this visit
- Your insurance / Medicaid / Medicare card
- Driver's License / Photo Identification
- List of current medications along with the dosages and times taken,
including over-the-counter drugs and herbals
- A list of all of your allergies
- Please check with your insurance carrier for any authorization requirements.
- Any films or reports from relevant studies not performed at Southern Regional.
- Unless your physician tells you otherwise, there is no special preparation needed.
- Please read the Procedure Information for additional instructions and
- Please follow any other specific instructions given to you by your doctor.
Ultrasound is the use of sound waves to create a picture of the area being
examined. This exam is to evaluate the testes and the scrotal contents.
The physician's order should state Testicular Ultrasound Duplex Doppler
Complete and have the ordering diagnosis listed in order to have this
full evaluation performed.
The doctor's office or the patient may schedule appointments. You
must have this sheet or a written order from your doctor with his/her
signature in order to schedule or have an exam done. To schedule an appointment
you may call (770) 991-8144 (Centralized Scheduling). Hours: Monday -
Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Please be aware that if you are not on time
or properly prepped for your exam that you may be rescheduled for the
next available appointment.