The Health Information Services department is located on the ground floor of the hospital. You may reach the office by entering the main lobby, pass the gift shop and take the elevator down to the ground floor. Exit the elevator and turn left. Follow the signs to Medical Records.
Medical Records Office Hours are Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
You may contact us by phone at: (770) 991-8175 Option # 3.
Requesting Medical Records
- A written authorization signed by the patient must be received before medical record copies may be released.
- All requests must be in writing; Telephone and e-mail requests are not accepted.
- There may be a fee charge for medical record copies.
- ID is required to pick up medical record copies.
Requesting Medical Records for Your Physician
- Records may be sent directly to your physician at no cost for continued care. Please provide your physician's name, address, telephone number, and fax number.
- Your physician office may call or send a written request to our office for us to forward your medical information to their office.
- Radiology films must be requested from the Radiology Department on the first floor.
Birth Certificate Information
A registration of a live birth is made for all babies born at Southern Regional Medical Center. Our Vital Records staff types the birth certificate, which is then downloaded to the State Vital Records office in Atlanta, Ga. A confirmation of birth letter will be mailed to parents after the birth certificate is typed. Copies of the birth certificates can be obtained from the local State Vital Record office.
The Vital Records office is located on the ground floor of the Women's Life Center, across from Mammography.
Vital Records Office Hours:
- Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 7:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday: 5:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
Vital Office Contacts:
- Janet DeLaine-Mathis
- Lyanna James
- (678) 364-4249 or (770) 991-8231
Procedure for Parent(s):
- After delivery, complete the birth certificate worksheet (located in your notebook) and return to your Nurse or the Birth Registrar prior to your discharge.
- If you have not received the worksheet prior to discharge, please contact your nurse or Birth Registrar.