Procedure Name: Abdomen Ultrasound
Department Responsible for performing Procedure:
Department Contact Information:
Where to Report:
Please enter at the Outpatient Entrance and go to Outpatient Registration 30 - 45 minutes prior to your scheduled procedure. You will be directed to the Radiology Department waiting room, then will be escorted to Ultrasound.
What to Bring:
- Physician Order
- Any forms from your physician relating to this visit
- Your insurance / Medicaid / Medicare card
- Driver's License / Photo Identification
- List of current medications along with the dosages and times taken, including over-the-counter drugs and herbals
- A list of all of your allergies
- Please check with your insurance carrier for any authorization requirements.
- Any films or reports from relevant studies not performed at Southern Regional.
- Do not eat or drink for 8 hours before the exam.
- Please read the Procedure Information for additional instructions and information.
- Please follow any other specific instructions given to you by your doctor.
Ultrasound is the use of sound waves to create a picture of the area being examined. This exam evaluates the areas of your abdomen to include your liver, gallbladder, kidneys, and spleen.
The doctor's office or the patient may schedule appointments. You must have this sheet or a written order from your doctor with his/her signature in order to schedule or have an exam done. To schedule an appointment you may call (770) 991-8144 (Centralized Scheduling). Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Please be aware that if you are not on time or properly prepped for your exam that you may be rescheduled for the next available appointment.