Procedure Name: Arterial Evaluation of the Lower Extremity
Department Responsible for performing Procedure:
Department Contact Information:
Where to Report:
Please enter at the Outpatient Entrance (view map) and go to the Admissions desk (view map) at least 45 minutes before your scheduled procedure. You will be directed to the Cardiology Department (view map) where your procedure will be done.
What to Bring:
- Physician Order
- Your insurance / Medicaid / Medicare card
- Driver's License / Photo Identification
- Any forms from your physician
- Please check with your insurance carrier for any authorization requirements.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
- Blood Pressure and Diabetes medications need to be taken prior to the exam!
- Please read the Procedure Information for additional instructions and information.
- Please follow any other specific instructions given to you by your doctor.
This is a non-invasive procedure, which utilizes ultrasound to evaluate blood vessels throughout the legs. There is minimal discomfort. The test may take up to 1.5 hours.
The waiting area (view map) is located in the Cardiology Department for family members.