Procedure Name: Narcolepsy Study
Department Responsible for performing Procedure:
Department Contact Information:
Where to Report:
Please come to the hospital between 8:30 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. Enter the hospital through the Emergency Entrance and go to the triage reception desk. After registration, you will be directed to the Cardiology/Radiology waiting room. Let the receptionist know you have arrived.
What to Bring:
- Physician Order
- Your insurance / Medicaid / Medicare card
- Driver's License / Photo Identification
- Any forms from your physician
- Please check with your insurance carrier for any authorization requirements.
- Please come to the hospital between 8:30 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.
- Bring any personal items you may need.
- Bring pajamas or wear loose fitting clothing.
- Please read the Procedure Information for additional instructions and information.
- Please follow any other specific instructions given to you by your doctor.
The Sleep Disorder Center is staffed by trained medical professionals and technicians who help patients with sleep-related problems such as sleep apnea, insomnia, narcolepsy, and other sleep disorders. If your physician recommends that you be evaluated for a sleep disorder, you may be asked to keep a diary of your sleep patterns and habits for one week. If you require a sleep study, you will be spending the night in the Sleep Disorder Center for a thorough evaluation of your quality of sleep. The study should be completed by 6:00 a.m.
You may bring your own pillow. A shower will be available for you the next morning.