Procedure Name: Parathyroid Scan
Department Responsible for performing Procedure:
Department Contact Information:
Where to Report:
Please enter at the Outpatient Entrance and go to Outpatient Registration 45 minutes prior to your scheduled procedure. You will be directed to the Radiology Department.
What to Bring:
- Physician Order
- Any forms from your physician relating to this visit
- Your insurance / Medicaid / Medicare card
- Driver's License / Photo Identification
- All of your medications OR a listing of all medications along with the dose, how often you take it, and the last time you took it
- A list of all of your allergies
- Please check with your insurance carrier for any authorization requirements.
- Any films or reports from relevant studies not performed at Southern Regional.
- Unless your physician tells you otherwise, there is no special preparation needed.
- Please read the Procedure Information for additional instructions and information.
- Please follow any other specific instructions given to you by your physician.
Total time is approximately 3 hours.
Waiting Room for family is located in the Radiology Department. Please inform the technologist if you are pregnant prior to the scan. You will be asked a series of questions regarding your medical history.