Procedure Name: Pre-Surgical Instructions
Department Responsible for performing Procedure:
Department Contact Information:
Where to Report:
Please enter the hospital through the Surgery Center entrance.
What to Bring:
- Physician Order
- Any forms from your physician relating to this visit
- Your insurance / Medicaid / Medicare card
- Driver's License / Photo Identification
- List of current medications along with the dosages and times taken, including over-the-counter drugs and herbals
- Please check with your insurance carrier for any authorization requirements.
- Make proper arrangements to have another responsible adult accompany you to the hospital and drive you back home. You must not drive a vehicle for 24 hours after anesthesia.
- Do not take any food or fluids (not even water or coffee) after midnight the night before your surgery. You may brush your teeth, just don't swallow any water. A small sip of water is permitted in order to take any pre-operative medications ordered by your surgeon or anesthesiologist. If you take medication for your blood pressure you may take it with a sip of water the morning of surgery.
- Notify your surgeon of any changes in your physical condition, such as cold, fever or sore throat.
- Do not wear any makeup, nail polish, or jewelry to the hospital. If you have artificial nails you must remove polish from each index finger. Wear loose comfortable clothing. Do not bring valuables (money, credit cards, jewelry) with you.
- If you wear contact lens or eye glasses, please bring a case with you to protect them during surgery.
- After your operation you should not ingest any alcohol or make any important business or personal decisions for at least 24 hours.
- Parent or legal guardian must accompany children under the age of 18.
- Please follow any other specific instructions given to you by your surgeon.
- Please read the Procedure Information for additional instructions and information.
None Currently Available
Outpatients, please be aware that in case of unexpected complications, your doctor may admit you to the hospital. If you have any additional questions, please call The Surgery Center at (770) 991-8495 between the hours of 6:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Confirmation of surgery time is available at this number from 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. the day before surgery. We attempt to call all patients, but you may also call us.
Specific Form(s) to remember:
Pre-operative Instruction Form