Procedure Name: Radio Frequency
Department Responsible for performing Procedure:
Department Contact Information:
Where to Report:
Please enter at the Main Entrance and register at the Main Admissions 1 hour prior to your scheduled appointment. You will then be directed to the Pain Management Center.
What to Bring:
- Physician Order
- Any forms from your physician relating to this visit
- Your insurance / Medicaid / Medicare card
- Driver's License / Photo Identification
- All of your medications OR a listing of all medications along with the dose, how often you take it, and the last time you took it
- A list of all of your allergies
- Please check with your insurance carrier for any authorization requirements.
- Any films or reports from relevant studies not performed at Southern Regional.
- You may eat or drink before your treatment or evaluation.
- You will need to have someone drive you home if you have treatment at the center. (You will be able to drive if you have only had an evaluation.)
- Please read the Procedure Information for additional instructions and information.
- Please follow any other specific instructions given to you by your doctor.
Pain is perhaps the most complex problem facing modern medicine. Pain is classified as either acute (i.e. after surgery) or chronic (i.e. long-term back pain). The treatment for acute pain differs from the treatment for chronic pain. Acute pain care includes an active epidural service and the use of patient controlled intravenous pain medication. Chronic pain treatment is designed to help patients over a longer period of time. Additional services include help from a clinical psychologist, physical therapist, and support personnel to implement the latest techniques in pain management. You may be evaluated by one of our physicians or your physician may request certain procedures.
None Currently Available