Procedure Name: RUQ (Right Upper Quadrant) Ultrasound
Department Responsible for performing Procedure:
Department Contact Information:
Where to Report:
Please enter at the Outpatient Entrance and go to Outpatient Registration 30 - 45 minutes prior to your scheduled procedure. You will be directed to the Radiology Department where you will be escorted to Ultrasound.
What to Bring:
- Physician Order
- Any forms from your physician relating to this visit
- Your insurance / Medicaid / Medicare card
- Driver's License / Photo Identification
- All of your medications OR a listing of all medications along with the dose, how often you take it, and the last time you took it
- A list of all of your allergies
- Please check with your insurance carrier for any authorization requirements.
- Any films or reports from relevant studies not performed at Southern Regional.
- Do not eat or drink for 8 hours before the exam.
- Please read the Procedure Information for additional instructions and information.
- Please follow any other specific instructions given to you by your doctor.
Ultrasound is the use of sound waves to create a picture of the area being examined. This will evaluate the liver, gallbladder, pancreas and ductal septum.
The doctor's office or the patient may schedule appointments. You must have this sheet or a written order from your doctor with his/her signature in order to schedule or have an exam done. To schedule an appointment you may call (770) 991-8144 (Centralized Scheduling). Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Please be aware that if you are not on time or properly prepped for your exam that you may be rescheduled for the next available appointment.