Procedure Name: Sitz Marker Study
Department Responsible for performing Procedure:
Department Contact Information:
Where to Report:
Please enter at the Outpatient Entrance and go to Outpatient Registration 45 minutes prior to your scheduled procedure. You will be directed to the Radiology Department.
What to Bring:
- Physician Order
- Any forms from your physician relating to this visit
- Your insurance / Medicaid / Medicare card
- Driver's License / Photo Identification
- All of your medications OR a listing of all medications along with the dose, how often you take it, and the last time you took it
- A list of all of your allergies
- Please check with your insurance carrier for any authorization requirements.
- Any films or reports from relevant studies not performed at Southern Regional.
- The Sitz Marker must be picked up in the Radiology Department between the hours of 7:00 am and 10:30 pm. Please bring a copy of your physician's order for the exam with you when you pick up the capsule.
- The capsule must be taken orally. 5 days after ingesting the capsule, you will need to return for the x-ray to be taken between the hours of 7am and 10:30 pm. (You will need to first present at the Out-Patient Registration/Admissions area to register.)
- Do not use any laxatives, enemas, or suppositories during the 5 days after you ingest the capsule.
- Please follow any other specific instructions given to you by your doctor.
A Sitz Marker study is a colonic transit diagnostic test. This test can aid the physician in selecting the best therapeutic option for patients with severe constipation who have otherwise negative GI evaluations.
None Currently Available