Once again, Southern Regional Medical Center will offer screening mammograms
at a reduced price throughout October in celebration of Breast Cancer
Awareness Month. Women with high deductibles or without insurance will
receive a Screening Mammogram for $89, which includes the Radiologist
Early detection with screening mammography is the key to saving lives in
the fight against breast cancer. The American Cancer Society recommends
the following guidelines for mammography:
Women with average risk for breast cancer:
- between 40 and 44 years of age have the option to start screening with
a mammogram every year;
- between 45 to 54 schedule a yearly mammogram;
- and any woman over 55 and older can switch to a mammogram every other year
or choose to continue yearly mammograms
Women who are at high risk for breast cancer based on certain factors:
- should get an MRI and a mammogram every year, typically starting at age 30.
Both Southern Regional Medical Center and the Women’s Center at Spivey
Station are offering
Special Night and Weekend Hours for mammography. Diagnostic services will be extended to include Saturdays
– October 6 and 20 – from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., and Thursdays
– October 11 and 25 – from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. These hours are
in addition to the regular mammography schedule of Monday through Friday
8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Southern Regional Medical Center is located at 11 Upper Riverdale Road,
SW, Riverdale and The Women’s Center at Spivey Station is located
at 7823 Spivey Station Boulevard, Suite 250, Jonesboro.
To schedule a mammogram, call 770-991-8144.