The Health Information Services department, which maintains medical records,
is located on the ground floor of the hospital. You may reach the office
by entering the main lobby, pass the gift shop and take the elevator down
to the ground floor. Exit the elevator and turn left. Follow the signs
to Medical Records.
Medical Records Office Hours are Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
You may contact us by phone at: (770) 991-8175 Option # 3.
Requesting Medical Records
- A written authorization signed by the patient must be received before medical
record copies may be released.
- All requests must be in writing; Telephone and e-mail requests are not accepted.
- There may be a fee charge for medical record copies.
- A valid ID is required to pick up medical record copies.
Requesting Medical Records for Your Physician
- Records may be sent directly to your physician at no cost for continued
care. Please provide your physician's name, address, telephone number,
and fax number.
- Your physician's office may call or send a written request to our office
for us to forward your medical information to their office.
- Radiology films must be requested from the Radiology Department on the
Birth Certificate Information
A registration of a live birth is made for all babies born at Southern
Regional Medical Center. Our Vital Records staff types the birth certificate,
which is then downloaded to the State Vital Records office in Atlanta,
Ga. A Confirmation of Birth letter will be mailed to parents after the
birth certificate is prepared. Copies of the birth certificates may be
obtained from the local State Vital Records office.
Southern Regional's Vital Records office is located on the ground floor
of the Women's Life Center, across from Baratrics.
Vital Records Office Hours:
- Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
Vital Office Contacts:
- Janet DeLaine-Mathis
- (770)-991-2031 or (770) 991-8231
Procedure for Parent(s):
- After delivery, complete the birth certificate worksheet (located in your
notebook) and return to your Nurse or the Birth Registrar prior to your
- If you have not received the worksheet prior to discharge, please contact
your nurse or Birth Registrar.
- To add father's last name and information on the birth certificate, a Paternity
Acknowledgement must be completed prior to the mother leaving the hospital.
- Call the Birth Registrar at 770-991-8231.
- Required Documents:
- Valid photo ID (both parents)