NOTICE: Temporary Visitor Restrictions
For the safety of our patients and visitors, Southern Regional Medical
Center has instituted the following visitor restrictions during the flu crisis.
- No visitors under the age of 18. Exception will be made for immediate family
members (child, sibling) ages 13 – 18.
- No visitors who are visibly ill in any patient care area.
- Only ONE (1) visitor per patient in the Emergency Department and ICU (Intensive
These restrictions are in place for the safety and well-being of our patients
We encourage loved ones to visit patients and we make every effort to provide
a safe and comfortable environment for our patients and visitors. While
receiving care, patients have the right to decide who may or may not visit,
and those visitors are allowed without regard to race, color, national
origin, language, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical
or mental disability, or socioeconomic status.
Our staff and caregivers understand the important role that visitors and
support persons play and every effort is made to ensure that our patients’
support persons are embraced as a valued member of the care team.
- To safeguard the comfort of all our patients, visitors are asked to talk
quietly and leave promptly when visiting hours have ended.
- The visiting times and/or the number of visitors may be limited in certain
circumstances – and vary unit by unit - to protect the health, safety,
and privacy of our patients.
- If visitors are not feeling well or have an illness that can be transferred
to our patients, they should refrain from visiting.
- Visitors must follow infection control precautions, keep noise to a minimum,
refrain from taking photographs or videos, and comply with restrictions
on smoking, alcohol and illegal substances.
- Before entering and after leaving a loved one's room, visitors make
sure to wash their hands.
- All children must be in the company of a responsible adult and may not
be left unattended.
We believe that the presence of family and friends helps the healing process.
Therefore, if you have a loved one staying at Southern Regional, we encourage
you to visit them during their stay. However, because our patients are
here to get well, we politely discourage visitors who have colds or infections.
Visitors should be limited to two at a time, and we request that visitors
not eat in the patient rooms. Guests are not allowed to stay overnight.
Visitation by young children is typically not encouraged, and the age for
children visitation is
12 years old or older. Children under 12 years old may
not wait in patient care areas, but may stay in one of the lobbies on the first
floor with adult supervision. The supervision of children is required
by an adult (other than the patient) at all times.
General Hours (daily)
9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Women's Center (daily)
9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.: Quiet Time for Mother and Baby
4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Critical Care (daily)
8:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
4:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
8:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.